Board of Directors
- Prof. Dr. Volker Lindenstruth (chairman) – Computer Science
- Prof. Dr. Marcus Bleicher – Physics
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Wolf Singer – Neuroscience
- Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. mult. Horst Stöcker – Physics, Life Science + Chemistry (provisional)
- Prof. Dr. Jochen Triesch – Neuroscience
The Board of Directors is the governing body of FIAS, controlling and steering the work of the Institute. All major research areas of FIAS should be represented by at least one member in the Board. In particular, the Board of Directors ensures that the strategic goals of FIAS are being met. The Board decides on appointments at the Fellow level. In general, search committees are established similar to the procedure followed by Goethe University.
The Board is represented by the Board of Directors chair.
- Gisbert Jockenhöfer
The General Manager runs the daily business in line with the strategic goals set forth by the Board. FIAS does not have a significant endowment but it has been able to attract significant third-party funds. Typically about 30% of an institution‘s balance sheet total should be available as structural capital. However, this is not possible in case of FIAS. Therefore, a very solid long-term liquidity planning is required. This is one of the main duties of the FIAS general manager.